R&P 2014/09/08 homework
Hello 2Ds! I have answered the questions that Dan gave us. Please comment if you have any thoughts on my summaries.
1.How do you think the tools or strategies that you will learn in this class will be helpful for your academic research?
I am not sure how helpful it would be to use these online tools and strategies which Dan is offering us to use because I am not familiar with them yet. However, learning a little bit about each tool, they appear to be useful. With Blogger, I can see other people’s work and I think this is really cool because this way, I can get to know about other students’ opinions. Of course we can exchange our thoughts in discussions but I think it’s good that I can sit, relax and read others’ opinions. Sometimes it’s too stressful to speak or exchange opinions in discussions. And also, we can re-read my and others' thoughts again and again. With Zotero, I will not have to bother about work citation like the spring semester. I think this is really good because then I can finally concentrate only on the contents of my paper work!! I do not understand anything about Evernote yet.
2. How comfortable are you using technology for learning? What devices and apps do you use now that help you in your life as student?
I am not so comfortable with using technology for learning because I do not have the habit to check my lap top to see if I got a new email or anything- I only check my phone. So I am afraid if I am going to be behind or miss something due to my habit of not checking my laptop. But studying at ICU, I always have be aware of Portal, moodle, yamata and bunch of other websites, so I think I have to make the habit of checking all those online pages at least one time a day. Talking about the devices I use for study, I only use an app that organizes my class schedule. I prefer using pen and notebooks for my study.
Sometimes I also feel like handwriting is more comfortable than using any technologies, but wanna catch up this class in fall semester :) ganbaro-
ReplyDeleteI had experiences that I upset because I did not check Moodle, e-mails, or Portal so often and realise it was late to see them when I did it. In order not to miss important information, let's try to increase the time we check them and share it as much as possible;)
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I have no idea who you are because your name is in Kanji and I have no record of your name in Kanji on file. I highly suggest that you change your name using Google settings into romanized characters at least for the duration of the course so that Incan give you marks for your work. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
DeleteI am sorry I am Yuka Hamanaka. I changed it.
DeleteI get all my notifications to my phone so that I know when to answer something in a timely fashion. I suggest you at least set up Gmail notifications on your phone and make sure your yamata mail is frowarded to to Gmail.
ReplyDeleteI understand your position for no checking the lap top often. I have had same situation in few year ago, or may be still. But I think that it can be solved by using the smart phone and lap top connecting services. Like Drop Box or Google Drives, there are number of way to use smart phone as lap top. So getting to that level may be hard, but if you get use to it, I think these clouding services will help you a lot.
ReplyDeleteYou're right! There's a lot more we can do with our Mobile devices once we get beyond the SMS, email and gaming stuff.
Delete